My name is.. My name is .. My name is… not Slim Shady, it’s Abhishek, Abhishek Acharya in full ‘Bond, James Bond’ style but wait! my first name is Acharya and my last name is not Abhishek. Now, this is confusing. *sighs*
Email: [email protected]
Well, it’s hard to tell about oneself. I mean, my friends can tell you better about me than I can. But, I will try my best to give an overview of who I am. If you meet me and I’m nothing like what I say I am, then feel free to complain about it to my face. Also, I will buy you coffee. I promise. Nothing is better than some caffeine.
- I am currently studying Business Computing and Information Systems (BCIS) at Apex College [Final Semester].
- I love writing about technology, programming, politics, life, mental health, anxiety, depression, education, movies, music, video games and much more.
- I love learning about new things and documenting them in my blog.
- I have decent presentation skills and have also taken the lead as a group leader on various college projects.
I make videos when I’m bored
Well, I do it rarely but hey. You can see I have varied interests.
- SQL (Oracle, mySql)
- noSQL (mongoDB)
- Java(Java SE, AWT, Swing, JSP, Servlet)
- Matlab/Octave (basics)
- Express MVC (node.js)
- OS X (macbook)
- Microsoft Word, Powerpoint
- Google docs, slides
- Sketch 3 (mac), Adobe XD et cetera.
- Visual Studio Code
- IntelliJ IDEA
- Netbeans et cetera.
ABHISHEK ACHARYA’S EDUCATION
Bachelors in Computer Information System (Running, 7th semester) Apex College, Baneshwor, Kathmandu (Affiliated to Pokhara University)
Padmodaya Public Higher Secondary School, Ghorahi, Dang
Previous School: SLC
Mount View English Boarding School, Ghorahi, Dang
- Co-organizer at GDG Dang, a subchapter of GDG Kathmandu
- (GDGs are local groups of developers who are specifically interested in Google products and APIs. Each local group is called a GDG chapter and can host a variety of technical activities for developers – from just a few people getting together to watch our latest videos, to large gatherings with demos and tech talks, to hackathons.)
- Blogger at AndroidNepal, TechSathi.com
- Co-founder of OneByNone Tech Solutions Nepal Pvt. Ltd.
- Professional PHP and MySQL Training in Nepal, Broadway Infosys, Shriganesh Marg, Tinkune, Subidhanagar, Kathmandu, Kathmandu 44600
- Google’s Android Study Jams organized by GDG Dang
- Best SMART Performer in Apex College SMART Presentation Program in Fall 2018
- Best SMART Report in Apex College SMART Presentation Program in Fall 2018
- (SMART ‘Systematic Management Application Reinforcement Techniques’ is an intensive 6-month program in Apex College which instills analytical, research, communication, critical thinking and leadership skills in students)
Minor I: College Review System
- PHP (procedural)
Minor II: Restaurant Rating System
I love writing. I mean blogging is a way for me to explore my writing. Otherwise, I do write both fiction and nonfiction, along with short stories and poetry. I haven’t written or published any books or ebooks but I would love to someday.
I’ve suffered from anxiety and depression and I’ve been through countless counseling sessions. So, some of my work has glimpse of it.
You see a lion. What’s your first reaction? Maybe a surge of cold blood rushes through your spine. What’d be your move? Maybe it would be to run the fuck away from there as fast as you can. Or maybe you’d fight it to death to save your life no matter what the odds are. Our natural responses are designed to help us survive. Fight or flight response, right? We take for granted whatever comes encoded in our genes. Some of us are naturally taller, athletic or maybe even pose higher intelligence compared to others.
But what if the shortcuts your brain created to help you survive are the reasons that are making it harder for you to survive? Your logical brain tells you, it’s another human, you don’t need to be scared. They are not going to bite you. But yet, something in you makes you avoid people, makes you avoid eye contact. Makes you want to run away and hide inside a closet and never get out. Claustrophobic people are scared of closed spaces. Yet, I feel safe there. Doors locked. Hidden.
You don’t know the amount of energy it takes to get up every day and face your demons in each one of those days. And it’s worse if your demons are other humans. Because they’re fucking unavoidable. My friend Kshitij says “You have 4000 friends online. 20 of them who you chat with. 10 of them who you see regularly. 5 of who you hang out with. And 1 that tolerates your bullshit. ”.
But one could fake it until they make it, right? That Amy Cuddy Ted Talk. So inspiring. Why can’t you think more positively, right?
I wish things were that easy. I wish my hand tremors were invisible. It sucks that your mental condition needs to have a physical manifestation. Sometimes, I feel like chopping my hands off so that my hand’s tremors would stop. They fucking wouldn’t stop shaking. I say “Stop shaking, you fucking bitch” and they’re like “Got you, boss, shaking a lot more now”.
And, I have no other option than being drowned in medication and they too wear off after a while making things worse. And there come these natural green buddha life fuckers. “Meds are bad for you. Drugs are bad for you. ”.. Yeah, motherfucker? Have you ever tried getting a mock-tail of social anxiety disorder and clinical depression? I urge you to try that and try to cure that shit with meditation alone, no meds. Not a self-diagnosed one, mind you. A lot of these fuckers would use the word “depressed” to express that they’re fucking “sad”. And most people try to draw parallels between regular sadness and fucking clinical depression.
Somedays I wish, I could blow the shit up. And other days, I just try to think from their point of view. Somebody who is blind would never understand what sight feels like, right? You have to see to know that. You could explain colors to colorblind. But still they can’t fucking see colors now, can they? So it’s understandable that most people can’t relate to how I feel on a day to day basis.
But x actor /singer didn’t look depressed. He didn’t look suicidal. *Insert a conspiracy theory here*.. Oh! how you guys grind my gears.
The thing is when you’re mentally crippled, it’s your own battle. Your own war. Every man for himself. Every woman for herself. People won’t understand you. They won’t. And they don’t owe that to you either. Your best bet is to hang in there. Go to therapy. Go to counseling. Take your meds and take life one day at a time. Maybe things will get better. Maybe they won’t. Maybe you’re better off dead than alive.
Overpopulation already. But do learn to take your ground. Do learn to take your stand. Be the hero of your own story and rest will probably take care of itself and if it doesn’t, it doesn’t. So fucking what? You were born a defective piece. Live with it. You’ll just lose everyone you love and care about. And it’s okay. Fuck em’.-Abhishek Acharya
so the mistress’ tangled mystery unfolds
her last remaining strand of hope falls
whatever left unsaid remains untold
how subtle, she had built her walls
she tries to fight it
with how she denies it
fights her pain with lavish prizes
nothing surprises me anymore
she tries to fight it as she describes it
a perfect life that she has built on
her last strand of hope
despite all these careful braggings
can she surprise me?
make I believe that she’s not rotten inside
will she ever admit that she .. is not happy
she tries to fight it as she describes it
a perfect lie that she has built on
on top of her walls
but I’m here only to witness it crumble,
only to watch it fall
If she’d let me, I would do something
but no, not anymoreSample poetry by Abhishek Acharya